Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Playing in Virginia Beach: part one

Monday morning I got up and took Kamele to school and then headed to get donuts for the kids.  On our drive down, we must have passed 50 or more Dunkin Donut's and since the kids were so amazing in the car, I promised them donuts for breakfast... Little did I know how bad morning traffic in Virginia Beach would be or I would have NEVER agreed to that!!  It took me ONE full hour to find the Dunkin Donuts (it was only about 12 miles away) and get back to Amy's.  
All I could think is about while in traffic was how much I hated being away from Spain... The grass was definitely not greener on the US side!!  

Amy and I spent the day starting wedding prep, going to Target (A MUST), and picking up last minute items for the wedding.  

After school- the kids were so happy to be together!!  

  
 These two were so cute together!
Liam was obsessed with their stairs.  He played on them for hours- sliding down any way he could!
 
 He even got Leilani to try it with him...









 In the evening, we took the kids to see Capitan America 2.  The kids had a great time.

The picture is dark... but this is all I was able to get:
 These two only stayed awake for the first 15 minutes and then slept the rest of the movie.  I was actually able to watch it without Liam getting bored...

Tuesday Amy, Morgan and I drove around to ever Dollar General in VA Beach looking for glass jars for the table center pieces.  We found the perfect jars while looking in one but of course they did not have enough.  We needed 10 large jars and 30 small.  VA Beach is so spread out and full or traffic that we spent 3 and a half hours driving from one store to the next.  Morgan was done shopping with us after this!!  

Liam and Leilani playing in the back:







After school- the kids played their hearts out!!  
Just Dance was a favorite game to play:

 After dinner, we played Chubby Bunny.  A game to see how many large marshmallows you can fit into your mouth at one time.  After each marshmallow, you have to say 'chubby bunny' and if it is clear enough, you can stuff another one in your mouth... the kids loved it!!







No comments: