Thursday, November 28, 2013

Many things... many thanks.

There are so many things that I am grateful for in this life.  The list of these things is endless and therefore not going to be complete but here are some of the most important things I am most grateful for (in no particular order):

My faith in Jesus Christ (and my church).
Without Him in my life, I would be lost.

Steve.
He is my everything!!  I have never met a man (or woman... well maybe my mother) who is more patient than him (he does have to put up with me every day).  He is a great husband, father, provider and friend.

My kids.
Each one of them are so very different but all so fantastic.  They are my world!  Aydin and Morgan are so helpful with Liam and around the house.  They are the best of friends even though they have the sibling love/hate relationship.  Liam is so much fun and happy (most of the time).  He still loves to cuddle which is the best thing a mother can have!!  All three of them are my inspiration- they have jumped right into spanish everything and taken off running.  They are all speaking spanish and making great friends at school.  I am so grateful for the young individuals they are becoming.

My family: parents, siblings and in-laws, grandparents, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews.
 I have been blessed with the best family!!  Not only are my parents the best parents on the earth, my in-laws are a close second :).   I am so grateful for the relationship I have with my siblings: 3 brothers, 3 sisters and their spouses, as well as Steve's family.

My friends.
Moving every 3-4 years (and sometimes sooner) true friends are hard to come by.  I have been able to make some of the best friends over the years who have made a difference in my life.  Some of them are more like sisters to me than friends and I am so lucky to have found them.  I may not always get the chance to talk to them daily but know that after months (and sometimes years) without speaking or seeing one another they are always there for me if I need without feeling like any time has past.

Health.
This year I have seen so many people lose loved ones, become sick and endure many other illnesses that have been extremely difficult.  I am so grateful that I am healthy and have a healthy family.  I feel so blessed for it.

Steve's job.
Although being a Navy family can be difficult at times when we are separated by miles and miles from our loved ones (and often from Steve) I am thankful that he has a job and provides for us daily.  He works so hard for us and is often not thanked enough: by us or by those who work with him.

Opportunities.
I am so grateful for the opportunities we have had over the past year(s).  These last few year we have have been able to travel: something I have always wanted to do in my life.  I made a goal for myself this January to visit at least 7 different countries this year and that goal will be met next week.  I am so thankful that we are able to live in Spain, to learn their culture, live in town, make local friends, and learn spanish.

The little things.
There are so many little things in life that I am thankful for it is impossible to list them all.  I am so blessed in so many ways it is incredible.

Every day I am thankful for all of these things but on days like today feel like they should be written down for others to see... that I am thankful for so much!

No comments: