Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Girls weekend in PARIS

Pinch me I must be dreaming!!  I feel like I am the luckiest person alive and could not be more grateful for the opportunity I have had to spend a few days in Paris with one of my most favorite people in this world and her friend (who is also amazing).  
A few weeks ago, Monica and I talked about her coming to Spain for a few days while she was waiting for her husband to arrive at one of his port stops.  With his dates fluctuating, she had a few days before he got here to meet up.  Like most plans, changes happen and Monica and her friend Stephanie decided to wait to head to Spain until Brad arrived so they could come down together and made arrangements to spend a few days in Paris.  After talking with her, Steve and his mom.... I bought my plane tickets and began making plans to spend those few days with them.... in Paris.  

I know I have been to Paris before and it worked in my favor!!  I was not going with any expectations or desires to see anything in the city- all I wanted to do is spend time with the girls and have a good time.  I arrived Wednesday morning and it felt like no time had passed between us.  Meeting her friend Stephanie for the first time did not feel like that at all- I have heard so many wonderful things about her that I felt like I already knew her. 

Upon arriving, I took a motorcycle taxi to their apartment.  At first I was a little anxious because it was my first ride on a motorcycle and driving in Paris is a little crazy but within 20 minutes- I was there... in one piece and actually enjoyed it.  

We went up to the lovely 'chalet' Monica found on line... up 5 flights of stairs to a door that looked like a closet or attic door.  The door should have been the first indicator of what I was about to walk into.  This apartment was a pile of junk... I believe that I made a reference to living something like Anne Frank did but the more I thought about it- she probably had something better than this place.  The floors were slanted making it impossible to walk straight, keep the bathroom door from slamming shut after you, or laugh too much in the bed (which was on wheels) out of fear that you would end up in the kitchen.  
The only thing that kept me from not caring- is that it was a place to stay and that I was with my girls!! 

 Hallway to the room... that we had to bend over just to walk through:
 ... and continue bending over until you passed through this 'room'
Before you even walked into this one room beauty.... you had to climb over this:
yep- somewhere in there we had a phone cable... internet... tv... and whatever else...
 The other side of the room...
 Kitchen.... the large appliances were not even plugged in...


We didnt stick around the place too long before heading out for breakfast and then into town to make our 2:30 Eiffel Tower appointment (the only 'planned' site to see).  We got off the metro and began walking... in the wrong direction.  It was a good thing we were not in a hurry at this point so we continued walking around the shops before we finally grabbed a taxi and took it to the Louvre.  
We walked through the Louvre grounds to the Eiffel Tower... 

Our stop on the metro:


 Trying to figure out where we are...

We decided to take a taxi to the Lourve and walk from there...
Police on roller blades:


Beautiful ladies!!!
Monica and me










 Stephanie was the best at taking photos.... and took amazing photos!!


We had tickets to the summit of the tower and it was pretty high up!!  Not only was it high- but it was so windy it was almost impossible to take a picture without our hair in our faces.







After going up the tower we were ready for lunch... But first... we walked up the street for more photos



After lunch- we then walked up to the Arc de Triumph and through the Champs d' Lysee.   



After hanging out all day in town- we went back to the apartment and then to the little restaurant across the street for dinner.  They had the best staff who were so helpful and friendly it was amazing.

No comments: