Saturday, August 23, 2014

Sanlucar Horse Races

I am so sad that this was our last opportunity to spend watching the horse races on the beach in Sanlucar.  It is one of my favorite things to do in the summer around here and I will miss it so much.

Although the kids were not interested in going today... Aydin especially... they had a great time!!  We stayed to watch 3 races... with enough time to play in between!!  


 Getting ready...
 Police
 Going to the starting line...

 Waiting for the race to start: 
 Chipiona in the distance... 

 Here they come.... 



 Waiting for the next race...  
 Placing her bet... 


 With their tickets... hoping they win... 
  

 Second race... coming down....  
 ... and passing us... 
 .. making their way to the finish line...

  
 Waiting once again.... we decided to burry the kids.... of course I had to bribe them with churros and chocolate... but hey... it was worth it!! 


 Breaking out....  

 Last race... 




I LOVE the races!!  I wish I could come back every year just to see them. It is things like this that make me very sad.... knowing that this will be our last time to see them (at least living here that is).

No comments: