Saturday, August 2, 2014

Car art

After ice cream, we came home to hang out.  
While Steve and I were int he living room, I looked out the front window and saw Liam drawing on my car. At first I didn't think too much of it until I asked him what he was doing and went straight to the flower pot and threw a rock down...
 I thought it was nothing more than him drawing on my car with chalk (something we have outside for when they feel like coloring).  
When it finally registered to me that it was in fact a rock he had be 'coloring' on my car... I ran outside.  


My first question to him was... 
"Liam, what are you doing?" in my not so nice, patient, or understanding tone that clearly scared him... 
and this was his response:
"I painted my name... And me. Thats me" 
He was so proud of his work and so crushed when I clearly was not impressed it broke his heart and eventually mine.  How could I ever stay mad at him knowing her was unaware that by taking a rock to my car it would take off the paint down to the bare metal... yep... I am now driving around a car with Liam's self portrait and name (that the letters are not even in order). 



So after we told him he could not 'paint' on my car... EVER... we made him clean it. 
Steve got out the wax or buffing kit and helped:



And this is what it now looks like.... forever!!  

No comments: