Friday, March 7, 2014

Carnaval

Steve and I had the opportunity to go out without the kids to celebrate Carnaval in town with great friends.
Maria (Blaine was int he states recovering from knee surgery) came over and together we got a babysitter and met up with Rokzanne and Mike to head into town for some good fun, great company, and best memories!!  We parked by Felipe and Veronica's house and walked into town with Felipe.

Steve and me all ready to go:

Me, Steve and Maria

Getting ready for our walk into town:

Once we arrived (I believe we came WAY too early... even though it was 10pm) we hung around for a bit and then broke away from the guys.  While walking the 'walking street' in town, Maria decided to make additions to her costume a little at a time.

You saw her before.... her is her finished look:

I decided to take pictures with random people to see how many people would actually stop what they were doing to take pictures with random people....
These are all the people who didn't mind:



 It seemed like the normal thing to do... take a picture with the po-po


I'd say it was a success but was not the end of random pictures!

As the night went on, we met up with more and more people and friends.  Over the next few hours, downtown Chipiona filled with so many people it was almost impossible to walk through the crowd.
 
 Veronica and Felipe
Veronica did her own make up... I was so amazed I had to get a picture!!

Yasmine and Diego:

 One of my favorite pics of the evening... Mike sporting the clown glasses
 Rokzanne


Marie Carmen (Javis mom) and me


 Ran into parents from Aydin's soccer team:

Rokzanne would NOT let these glasses go.  Even though they only cost about a dollar and kept breaking... she HAD to have them.  It was hilarious.
 Javi, Felipe and Steve


Beating to a different drum....
Veronica's parents and us


The crowd:

The whole night was so much fun!!  I could not have asked for a better night or for better friends to celebrate with.  I love these people so much and am so lucky to have friends like these in our lives!!

No comments: