Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve

I can't believe Christmas is tomorrow- normally it takes forever for it to come but this year it came so fast!!  Today we have spent the day making tamales with great friends- Nancy and Leilani.  It was our first time (for all of us so we are hoping they turn out as good as they smell)...
The kids and I left around 2:30 so I could finish up my homework assignment that I found out last night was due today.  I thought we went on break last week but nope- not until Christmas day so I had my work cut out for me...
Luckily the kids were amazing and let me get my work done in time to get in the kitchen and start peeping/cooking for Christmas Eve: Greek dinner.

I spent about 4 hours baking baklava, stuffed grape leaves, cheese triangles, lemon soup, greek salad, tziki sauce, and meatballs...
I am just SO thankful Steve enjoys Greek food as much as I do because I would be so sad if we did not continue that family tradition I grew up with.






After dinner- we cleaned up and opened Christmas Eve pajamas.  Morgan had been bugging me ALL day about what kind of pajamas she was going to be getting.... all she wanted was footie pjs... and she was beyond excited to find out that that was indeed what she got.




CHirSTmaS JmMIeS!!





Being silly..... showing us how BIG they were

Aydin didn't want to wear his... they were huge so I HAD to get in them...



Before the kids went to bed, we had our typical dessert of s'mores and hot chocolate. 





Getting them into bed on Christmas Eve is always a struggle... they are just so excited its hard to fall asleep... but finally around 10:30 they went down and we were able to finish up what we needed... Tomorrow morning is going to be great!

Goodbye from Bob

No comments: