Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

Ever since last year I knew I wanted to celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday.  The idea (if you can even call it that) came from looking at my friend (who I must add is an amazing mother... and when I grow up will be more like her) Danae's blog.  She had came up with desserts for her family to have last year to recognize the wonderful authors birthday.... SO this year I copied her and had a party. 

I must say- I am a HUGE procrastinator thought and didn't even realize it was the day until I was in the car this morning and someone on the radio mentioned the birthday was TODAY.  Today?!  How could that be... I had way too many ideas in my head to get it all accomplished in ONE day.  That's what I get for waiting!! 
I ran home... printed all sorts of fun activities for the kids to do: crossword puzzles, word searches, matching, etc. and then headed straight to the store to pick up all of my supplies.  After Liam went down for a nap- it was on.  I was in the zone and not letting my lazy behind to not accomplish what I set out to... and this is what I was able to get done before the kiddos came home from school:






It was ALL worth it!! They LOVED it. We carpool with the Evatts so Ty and Tristen as well as Jimmie Frank we also able to enjoy the fun treats after school.... I am now thinking: What on earth am I going to do next year.... or should I say- What have I gotten myself in to?!
(I have better pics on a different camera... so when I get them uploaded I will repost them)





MORE PICS TO COME...

No comments: