Sunday, November 9, 2008

What is wrong with me?!?!

Well- this morning was not so good for me... I sometimes feel like I should have been born a blonde. Let me start with... last night I parked my car on the street and had Steve move it into the garage while I got ready for bed. This morning I was taking my neighbor girls with us to church and we were even ready early! I know... shocking. While we were in NO rush to get to church....AND forgetting that Steves truck was in the driveway... I pulled right out of our garage without even looking and yes... backed right into HIS truck! This is where I was saying... What is wrong with me?!?! Who backs out of the driveway without even looking??...well ME- of course.
So- I shamefully pulled the car back into the garage... went back inside and got Steve to have him check the damage... and of course both cars had been damaged. Now- I also forgot to mention... to those who didnt know... about a month ago- I got a NEW (used) 2004 4 Runner. Yes... I did this to my new car.





So i am going to need a new bumper- took the paint all the way down to the metal and Steve's truck... is going to need a lot more than that. I cracked a big spot in his fiber glass- which we are going to have to buy a new side to his truck... and repaint.. broke his side light... and dented the part that holds the bumper up... yes- all of this backing out of my garage. This morning really put me in the mood to go to church.... especially with 4 kids laughing the the car the whole way.

The best part.... I was reassured that I have the BEST husband ever. Even though- I thought he would be SO mad at me for doing something SO incredibly stupid- he was so nice about it and has been all day! I hope you enjoy the pictures....


7 comments:

jaesi said...

ahhh shit.
(sorry, seemed appropriate)

I loooove your car. I drool over my friends...she has the same one...

Lucia said...

That definitely qualifies for the pit in the bottom of your stomach feeling! I'm not surprised that steve was sweet about it, I've never seen you guys being anything but totally wonderful to each other- it's so cute!

julie said...

That stinks! I hate to admit it, but I've done the same thing so you're not alone. We had just gotten a second car, so I totally forgot we had two cars, and the second car was parked directly behind the one in the garage, so there was no damage (thankfully). The cars just hit bumper to bumper and I hadn't even hit the gas yet so I was going very slow. I felt like a totaly idiot! Christian never parked behind the garage again! Sorry your cars got damaged:(

ronee said...

just keri being keri!
love you..hope you feel better
xoxo
me

Ashley said...

Keri!! I did this to Chris car two weeks ago! He just got a brand new 08 Accord and i backed right into him didnt even look with my explorer!! We had to pay TONS to get his fixed! I wasnt used to him being home and he was sick that day! I just wanted to scream! and I cried! Anyways, you arent along! Ive done it and it SUCKS!!

Tiffany Jones said...

That sounds like something i would do...

Danae said...

Welcome to the club Steve. Something to do with women and backing vehicles up.

Brian