Saturday, August 25, 2012

Planting with Dad

Today we added to the backyard.... 

Steve and I can not move into a place without adding our own personal touch to the yard.  Although this place had amazing plants, rose bushes, birds of paradise, trees, and bushes we had to buy our own and add to the beauty.  So far, we have added a few hibiscus and colorful leafy plants to the back wall,  elephant ear bushes next to the pool and a grapefruit tree and lime tree in pots by the side wall.

Aydin helped with planting the elephant ears around the pool and Morgan helped with the trees.  missed taking pictures of Aydin planting but here are a few of the trees and after pictures.

Lime:


Grapefruit:


Finished:



I think they look pretty great!!  

We are almost done buying trees and plants and I thinkg next weekend we will be done.  
My favorite flower is a plumeria.  While in Hawaii, Steve and I bought a few tree cuttings and turned them into trees.  With the move, we had to find proper homes for our trees; we shipped two to Steves mom (who has them flowering again in Vermont) and two to my old boss/supervisor (I really hope he too is taking good care of them). 
So- imagine my surprise when we walked into the plant store here and saw that they had HUGE plumeria trees for sale!  Needless to say, we are going to buy two this weekend and have them delivered.  One will be going in the front and one int he back.  I will post those pictures next weekend!

No comments: