Friday, April 20, 2012

Cruising to the Bahamas

While Steve was home, we decided to do something fun with the kids and take them to the Bahamas.  We left out of Port Canaveral on Monday and came back on Friday.  A few years ago, Steve and I promised we would NEVER take the kids on a cruise but I have to say, this was a great vacation and I was very surprised with the amount of fun they had!

Waiting to get on the ship
Aydin is NOT happy that the pictures are already starting...



Monday- we got onto the boat, walked around, got ice cream, and then headed to the pool.  While the kids were swimming, the 'flash mob' came out pulling people up to dance with them.  After a few songs, the Cha Cha Slide came on and that was it... the kids were dancing before we knew it.  As far as they were concerned, they were in love already!  After the pool we ate dinner and then walked around the front half of the boat.







 Kids TRYING to dance...


After dinner- we went walking around the boat.  The wind was blowing so hard the kids struggled to walk to the front.  Steve and I were laughing so hard at Liam, our stomachs hut.










and then headed to the arcade...


 and to the rock wall...



Tuesday morning, I woke up with what felt like sea sickness.  It was the WORST!!  We arrive at the Carnivals private island, CocoCay. We got on a shuttle boat and headed to the island where the kids and Steve went straight to the snorkel shack and I got our chairs.  Liam played in the sand (the water was a lot colder than I thought it would be- he hates cold water) and ran around.  Morgan snorkeled for a few minutes before she decided to lay out and chill with Liam.











Steve then took all of the kids to look around the island while I slept off what was NOT sea sickness.  They all came back to tell me all about what I missed out on (beautiful beaches, fish, starfish, sting rays, nature trail, ect) and how they were going to leave Liam behind with me and go to the kid water slides and such on the water.  Liam and I made our way back to the boat to take a nap while Steve and the kids played some more.  Around 5pm, Steve came back to the room- SICK.  Luckily I was feeling a little better so I took the kids to eat and swim while Steve slept for the rest of the night.  Whatever we had was not enjoyable!!  Although I feel that being sick was pretty bad, the worst part was that we didnt get any pictures of the island because Steve is not as camera happy as I am... so not only did I miss seeing the island, I didnt even get to see it in pictures. 





Wednesday morning was ATLANTIS!!  We arrived in Nassau feeling so much better.  The only thing the kids wanted to do with Steve while he came home was take a trip to Atlantis.  We got the day passes and headed over.





 It was so much fun!!  Steve and Aydin went on the water slide that takes you through the shark tank first and loved it.  They came down SO fast, they didnt even see the sharks though.  After, Aydin and I went on the double tube water slide through the shark tank... and we DID see the sharks.  It was very cool.  The kids had so much fun swimming in the pool, going down the slides and going on the not so lazy river (Liam loved all of it too except for the not so lazy river).  
After lunch, we headed to the beach and rented jet skis.  This was so much fun- for everyone except for Morgan.  I am not sure what it was but I would like to think she did not like having to sit behind Steve and not see anything.  We then headed back tot he pools and slides and played some more.  After spending all day the the water park, we were ready to go back to the boat, eat and relax.  (NO PICTURES... I cannot find the memory card... I really hope I didnt throw it away)

Thursday was a day at sea... and not as bad as I thought it would be.  The kids swam in the pool- on and off all day, played in the kids club, played basketball, played ping pong, went to the arcade, and ate.






They loved that there was a kid hot tub...






 Liam sat there in awe of the elephant towel... I did take pictures of the other towel animals that were in our room.... BUT that was on the other memory card...

Friday morning we got up and off the boat pretty early.  The kids were so good and are already talking about their next cruise.  I am so glad they had such a great time- after all, it was what we wanted!  

No comments: