Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

I cannot believe another year as passed.  Where did the year go?  The kids are all growing up too way fast.... why do they have to be getting so old and big?? I wish time could stop for a while and I can keep them this way for a while longer. 

Today is the first day of 2012 and I have so much to be grateful for.  I am so blessed with a wonderful family, parents (on both sides) who are the most amazing people and do so much for us, health, and great friends.  I do not know where I would be or how I would get through this time in my life without all of my friends that offer their friendship and help.  To sum up 2011 in one word would be extremely difficult.  Wow- may be a good start. 
In 2011:

We have spent the past 6 months part from the one person who makes our family complete.  We are so blessed Steve has been watched over and has stayed safe and hope he is continually watched over until he returns home this summer.  Steve has been an inspiration to many who know him and a true example of what it takes to be a father, a husband, a son, brother, and friend.  He is missed every day!  We are finally under 200 days left until he returns and are almost at our half way point (14 days to be exact but who is counting?).

Aydin had been in 3 sports; soccer, football and basketball, excelling in school and my biggest help around the house.  He is an amazing brother!  I dont know how I would make it through the day sometimes without all he does to help me out around here.  He is so smart and teaches me something new everyday.  Just recently (my 8 year old) taught me something new about the iTouch/IPhone.  How my 8 year old is better at technology than I am still amazes me. 

Morgan has played soccer both this spring and fall.  She is loving the first grade and doing well in her class.  She is the 'little mother' to her brothers and is always asking what she can do around here to help.  She is so beautiful inside and out.  She has such a sweet personality (most of the time) and loves making others happy.    

Liam.... is Liam.  This kid has been called Dennis the Menace, a destructive kid, active, nuts, and many more.  He is full of energy and SO much fun to be around.  We all know if it is too quite, he is probably somewhere is is not supposed to and destroying everything within reach.  He is one of the happiest kids I have ever seen and makes us so happy he is a part of our little family. 

We have been extremely blessed to spend more time with our family this year than most.  I am so grateful for all the times our family has come to visit and be with us through the holidays.  I wish nothing but the best for all of you throughout this New Year.  May you all stay healthy, happy and safe.

No comments: